- Be the Master of Your Fate
- Don’t Let the Future Happen to You – Plan for it
- Interim Chiefs: Babysitters or substitute teachers?
- Of Cost and Competencies
- Philosopher-chief: Ronny J. Coleman
- Principles of Stewardship
- Relay Your Message and Pass the Baton
- Revisiting the scene can be a good thing
- Staying in the Box is OK
- Strive to be a Purple Cow
- The volunteer fire service as told by Darwin
- The Badge
- Votes of No Confidence
- What Kind of Leader Do You See in the Mirror
- Who Moved the Finish Line?
About the Author
State Fire Marshal for the State of California (retired)
Chief Ronny J. Coleman is the retired State Fire Marshal for the State of California. He has received a Masters of Arts Degree in Vocational Education from Cal State Long Beach, a Bachelors of Science Degree in Political Science from Cal State Fullerton and an Associate of Arts Degree in Fire Science from Rancho Santiago College. Chief Coleman proudly served in the United States Marine Corps.
Someone once said that every story has three main elements – the beginning, the middle and the end. In preparing to write this book about the history of the residential – sprinkler concept, teh title was selected because it reflects the beginning and the current state...
Over my career, I have been involved with the development of a body of knowledge (BOK) for a wide variety subjects. The concept of BOK is based upon core teachings, skills and the development of research. It often involves rigorous use of information in support of...
The Badge Sprinklers, the next generation Sprinkler Age Magazine
How to Reach Us
PO Box 550, Santa Barbara, CA 93116
Who We Are
FSTI has provided training to the volunteer public safety community since 2006. It has been our mission to provide high quality training to firefighters while at the same time promoting community safety.
Fire Services Training Institute (FSTI) is a non-profit public benefit corporation with both state and federal tax exempt status.