- Be the Master of Your Fate
- Don’t Let the Future Happen to You – Plan for it
- Interim Chiefs: Babysitters or substitute teachers?
- Of Cost and Competencies
- Philosopher-chief: Ronny J. Coleman
- Principles of Stewardship
- Relay Your Message and Pass the Baton
- Revisiting the scene can be a good thing
- Staying in the Box is OK
- Strive to be a Purple Cow
- The volunteer fire service as told by Darwin
- The Badge
- Votes of No Confidence
- What Kind of Leader Do You See in the Mirror
- Who Moved the Finish Line?
About the Author
State Fire Marshal for the State of California (retired)
Chief Ronny J. Coleman is the retired State Fire Marshal for the State of California. He has received a Masters of Arts Degree in Vocational Education from Cal State Long Beach, a Bachelors of Science Degree in Political Science from Cal State Fullerton and an Associate of Arts Degree in Fire Science from Rancho Santiago College. Chief Coleman proudly served in the United States Marine Corps.
Making A Difference, (1988), OnGuard, Inc., ISBN: 1-56916-110-0
This book is dedicated to the memory of Fire Chief Warren E. Isman, Fairfax County Fire Department. he was a person that recognized the need for training hazardous materials response team personnel long before it was fashionable, someone who pressed onward at every...
Ronny J. Coleman, Chief Deputy Director of the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, offers a unique, “must-have” resource to help you stand out among the thousands of individuals who hope to achieve the fire chief’s badge. Focusing first on the...
How to Reach Us
PO Box 550, Santa Barbara, CA 93116
Who We Are
FSTI has provided training to the volunteer public safety community since 2006. It has been our mission to provide high quality training to firefighters while at the same time promoting community safety.
Fire Services Training Institute (FSTI) is a non-profit public benefit corporation with both state and federal tax exempt status.