To provide a resource for the membership dealing with specific problems relative to the volunteer fire service. To attend the annual CSFA Conference and submit written committee reports to include oral reports when needed.
Goals of the Volunteer Committee
- To develop, refine, and promote the California Surplus Fire Equipment Program
- To conduct a bi-annual survey of California’s volunteer fire departments and compile for publication in The California Fire Service Magazine
- To develop and promote, meaningful and necessary resolutions relative to the volunteer fire service
- To conduct educational workshops and seminars for the volunteer fire service as directed by the Board of Directors
- To promote CSFA and its benefits to the volunteer service in California
- To promote the volunteer Length of Service Award program, and provide advice and assistance to the Public Employee’s Retirement System staff regarding the program.